Hard sci-fi, top-down space simulator, with every aspect backed up by real physics and science.
The year is 2273The unexpected discovery of valuable minerals within the rings of Saturn has sparked a thriving space excavation industry. You control an asteroid excavation ship hoping to make it rich out on the rings, but soon you find out that all is not as it appears. Experience a hard sci-fi story backed up with real physics and science.
- Realistic top-down hard sci-fi space flight experience. Every aspect of gameplay is backed up by real science. Ships fly just as starships should.
- Jump into action in seconds with autopilot assist or save fuel by manual thruster maneuvers.
- Detailed ship simulation down to every subsystem - upgrade your ship, fix or even jury-rig broken systems on the fly. Every system failure will impact gameplay - adapt to survive in the hostile environment of space.
- Discover the mystery of the Rings, or just try to get rich leading your excavation company.
- Plan your strategy back on Enceladus Prime station. Sell your output, upgrade your ship, hire the crew and manage your company.
Actual gameplay footage
Wrote about ΔV
The term "hard sci-fi" doesn't indicate difficulty of the material to understand, but rather how closely a work attempts to consider and abide by realism and laws of physics in the science fiction. Besides Kerbal Space Programs and the realistic space warfare simulator Children of a Dead Earth, space games that attempt hard sci-fi mechanics are incredibly rare. But the in-development Delta V: Rings Of Saturn looks to be the next game in that category, placing you at the thruster controls of a mining vessel within the titular rings.
About Kodera SoftwareOne person independent software house found in 2016 in Będzin, Poland. Now taking professional experience into making some games for both fun and profit.
- Godot Logo (C) Andrea Calabró Distributed under CC-BY 3.0